Bridging the Wired to Wireless Gap:
The eBox allows facility managers, contractors and OEM manufacturers the ability to integrate EnOcean wireless solutions to wired building automation systems that utilizes the BACnet building automation protocol. This device represents a market opportunity, particularly since traditional solutions are costly and complicated.
How it Works:
The eBox is a plug and play device that requires no scripting and no programming. The device “listens” to EnOcean wireless devices in a space and translates these incoming messages automatically into BACnet IP objects. The information gathered through the wireless devices can then be utilized in the building automation system and applied for greater efficiency in the operations of the building. The eBox supports every existing EnOcean product and all existing EnOcean profiles. Future products and profiles are automatically added through web update.
Seamless, Yet Customizable:
The beauty and benefit of the eBox design is that it is meant to work without any scripting necessary. This doesn’t mean, however, that it isn’t customizable. Customers wanting to modify the existing set up or customize the eBox based on end user specifications are able to utilize the XML based programming interface to change the way EnOcean products and profiles are displayed and structured.
The eBox supports control and gateway functionalities for any EnOcean sensor or switch associated with the monitoring or control of HVAC, lighting, plug loads and metering.
The eBox is robust in functionality but simple to use. Some of the features of this innovative device are:
- Virtually unlimited amount of sensors
- No programming or scripting
- Configuration with airConfig or over EnOcean radio and TCP/IP
- Firmware update over BACnet/IP (requires internet connection or airConfig)
- No ongoing fees
- Each eBox 2.0 covers approximately 5,000 square feet of radio range* (range depends on factors including building type, usage, and building materials)
- BACnet IP
- Supports 315 MHz (M3-EBOX2.0), 868 MHZ (M8-EBOX2.0), 902 MHZ (M9-EBOX2.0) or 928 MHZ (MJ-EBOX2.0)
- Optional WIFI available
There are no reviews yet.